North Shore’s leading physiotherapy and massage therapy clinic.
Total Therapy North Vancouver Physiotherapy – A Client-Centred Approach
Physiotherapists are university-educated professionals who can help assess, manage, and prevent various musculoskeletal, circulatory, nervous and respiratory conditions. These conditions may be caused by work, motor vehicle, or sport-related accidents, or processes associated with illness, aging, or a sedentary lifestyle.
At Total Therapy North Vancouver, our approach to physiotherapy is simple: does the approach work for the client, and is it supported by the latest research? During your first appointment, your physiotherapist will conduct a comprehensive assessment to determine the underlying cause of your condition, and to come up with a personalized treatment program that meets your goals.
How does physiotherapy work?
Physiotherapy is a drug-free way to treat a variety of conditions, ranging from acute injuries (e.g. an ankle sprain) to the relief of chronic conditions (e.g. low back pain). The ultimate goal of any physiotherapy treatment plan is the elimination or alleviation of symptoms, and the restoration of function. Put more simply, we’re here to get you back to living a healthy, fulfilling life – whether you’re a hiking enthusiast, or seasoned couch potato.
Our physiotherapists are trained to provide a range of therapeutic treatments including:
- Manual and soft tissue therapy
- Modalities (e.g. ultrasound, transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS), laser, and acupuncture)
- Home exercise prescription to assist in restoring normal movement patterns and functional strength
- Client education on biomechanics and lifestyle modification
How can physiotherapy help me?
At Total Therapy North Vancouver, our physiotherapists will work with you to help provide you with the tools to take control of your health. As a part of your physiotherapy treatment, your physiotherapist will provide you with information and individualized strategies to successfully manage or resolve your condition. You will receive one-on-one instructions to designed to target the underlying cause of your condition, such as an individualized home exercise program or work station strategies.
Our physiotherapists can treat a variety of issues, including:
- Low back pain or neck pain
- Discogenic pain or disc herniation
- Patellofemoral pain syndrome (runner’s knee)
- Plantar fasciitis and shin splints
- Joint sprains (e.g. ankle sprains)
- Shoulder pain (e.g. rotator cuff tendonitis) due to poor posture, repetitive overhead work, or throwing/racquet sports
- Repetitive strain injuries (e.g. carpal tunnel syndrome, bursitis, etc.)
You do not need a doctor’s referral to attend physiotherapy; however, some insurance companies (e.g. ICBC and WorkSafe BC) may require a note in order to provide coverage for a claim. If you’re unsure as to what your extended health benefits policy requires for physiotherapy services, we recommend you check with your insurance provider.
We welcome you to explore our warm, friendly, professional environment.